This recipe was adapted from allrecipes.com titled Mmm-Mmm Better Brownies
Makes 1 9x9 in pan
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- milk chocolate chips to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) Grease a 9 x 9 inch baking pan.
- In medium bowl, mix together oil, sugar and vanilla. Beat in eggs. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients (or vice versa) until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (I did 23 minutes and they were perfect). Let cool fully before cutting and serving.
This simple glaze is rich and perfect to complete your brownies!
- milk chocolate chips
- half and half
NOTES: The chocolate chips are totally optional, but I added them because I thought they produced a burst of chocolatey flavor that was otherwise missing. When your brownies come out of the oven, insert a toothpick to three different places of the brownies. if the toothpick comes out clean, they are baked. If not, slide those babies back in the oven for a minute or two longer! Do not be surprised if your brownies feel delicate and mushy. They will set after cooling. Enjoy!